Monday, March 04, 2013

My phone decided to go on an adventure (again) today, and found its way back home to Tembusu. So the conversation went,

P: "it's okay emma, nobody really steals stuff in school"
M: "you see too much good in people, really"

I'm just thankful there's really that much good we can find in people here, it's been proven wrong time and time again. 19 years of residing in Singapore has allowed me to let my guard down, for better or for worse.

---------

As much as there's so much to dislike about the stifling, stressful environment, I do wonder if my lack of mistrust in people (I'm not saying "the amount of trust I have") will allow me to thrive elsewhere. Nonetheless, it's still great that I'm granted the luxury of retaining that non-suspecting, childlike view I have of people. Or rather, the part of me that wants to see the good in others. I'm sure things will change once I'm not under the protected environment of a school, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Trust really does come in so many forms. I can be typing all these, but another part of me would be thinking twice, thrice, about how much truth there is behind what someone is saying. That's why I find it so difficult to put labels on people - "trusting", "skeptical", "helpful" etc. They vary according to time, circumstance, people....

---

On another note, I wonder if there is more to the word 'circumstance' (conditions that cause change) than the element of time, space, people and emotions? These terms seem to exist within the realm of 'human experiences'. Thus,

What are the elements of the human experience?

Can we discover more elements (when we do not even have an inkling of its existence or non-existence, or what it even is)

How can we ever know limitations of a human? Never.

No comments: